Sunday, August 10, 2014

Getting Started

 

WELCOME

 
Hi, my name is Mrs. Pace and I will be your Creative Writing teacher this semester.  I have taught English for 14 years; I usually teach English 9, English 12, Creative Writing, and Mythology.  This is my 6th year at Hardin Valley Academy.  I'm belong to the STEM Academy here at HVA. 
 
I am married to Joe Pace and we have two beautiful children named Bella and Charlie.  We have a boxer named Manning (yes, named after Peyton and Eli - Joe's a NY Giants fan).  We live in the Bearden school zone.  One of the great things about Knoxville, in my opinion, is all of the water, well, that and UT football.  We love being so close to the water and we love being so close to our VOLS..  We have a boat and we spend most weekends relaxing and swimming in the lake.
 

Blogger is the site we will use for our daily "Creative Bursts."  It is essential that you follow all of the rules of Knox County's Acceptable Use Policy.  Please also remember, that once you click the orange publish button, your work is out there.  That means your writing skills are on display.  Make sure you double check and triple check your writing before you hit publish.  Also, think before you publish; make sure what you put out there is something you wouldn't mind others reading. 

I'm excited to begin this adventure. We are all going to have to play around with this site.  I realize in the beginning, your posts will be simple; however, in a couple of weeks, I expect to see links, images, etc.  Let's get started. 

Below you can see Knox County's Acceptable Use Policy.
https://foed3010techspring2013p61.wikispaces.com/file/view/KnoxCountyAcceptable%20Use%20NEW.pdf/401982698/KnoxCountyAcceptable%20Use%20NEW.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment