Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thursday, November 20 - Emotions

Have you ever wondered about those voices in your head?  I sure have; in fact, I've had many a conversation with the various voices.  Sometimes all is going well and the voices are agreeable and pleasant.  Sometimes it's as if the voices are being painfully tortured; thus, they feel the only thing to do is to torment me as well.  Joy causes my heart to swell, sometimes tears to form, but always a smile to cross my lips.  Anger makes me do things I don't want to and say things I don't mean.  Anger usually leads to Sadness; at least it does for me.  There are a plethora of emotions, but Sadness might be the worst.  Sometimes Sadness visits after Fear has been sojourning in the open ranges of my mind.  Fear leaves me panicked.  It strips me of my sense of control.  It robs me of my sanity.  It causes me to doubt myself and who I am. It's awful! Unfortunately, Disgust reels her ugly head all too often.  I'm disgusted by the slowness of the cashier, the incessant crying of a newborn in church, the children that pick their nose and eat their boogers, the people who come out of the bathroom without washing their hands. Ahhh, but such is life as a human being, full of EMOTIONS.


Today, I want you to think about those voices in your head.  Think about they things they make you feel, the things they make you say.  These voices have inspired Disney/Pixar's newest animated film, Inside Out.  

After reading the film summary, which is very brief, and watching the short preview, craft a story involving all of Riley's emotions.  Describe a battle in her mind between her emotions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment